Friday 16 March 2012

Designer: Sonia Rykiel

Sonia Rykiel
 "The Queen of Knitwear" 

She born in Paris in 1930, Sonia Rykiel did not have any formal education in fashion design.
She started designing out of necessity. She was pregnant and could not find anything that she liked, so she designed her own clothes.

"First I destroyed, undid what I had made. I wasn't satisfied with it, it wasn't me. It didn't relate to me. It was fashion, but it wasn't my fashion. I wanted to abolish the laws, the rules. I wanted to undo, overflow, exceed fashion. I wanted to unfold, unwind it. I wanted a lifestyle appropriate to the woman I was…this woman-symphony who was living the life of a woman mingled with the life of a worker.
I wanted airplane-style, travel-style, luggage-style. I saw myself as a woman on the go, surrounded by bags and children…so I imagined "kangaroo-clothes," stackable, collapsible, movable, with no right side, no wrong side, and no hem. Clothes to be worn in the daytime I could refine at night. I put "fashion" aside to create "non-fashion."
Sonia Rykiel



Sonia Rykiel by H&M 
2010


Sonia Rykiel by H&M 
2010


Sonia Rykiel
2008
Museé des Arts de Décoratifs

Sonia Rykiel
2008
Museé des Arts de Décoratifs

Sonia Rykiel
2008
Museé des Arts de Décoratifs

Sonia Rykiel
2008
Museé des Arts de Décoratifs

Sonia Rykiel
2008
Museé des Arts de Décoratifs

Sonia Rykiel
2008
Museé des Arts de Décoratifs
Sonia Rykiel
2008
Museé des Arts de Décoratifs
The Designer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.