Thursday 6 June 2013

MasterWorks Gallery / Ponsonby NZ - Emily Valentine: Feather Fanciest

Unconventional use of materials 
MasterWorks Gallery 


Feathered dogs and airplanes, 
The sculptor using uncustomary elements to create her art. At first glance, maybe strange and scary, but the artist expressed her views through her work.

" I am now enjoying making feathered aeroplanes. With this work I wish to discuss how we as humans now colonise the skies. I continue to make jewellery and other works for the body."






 "Attitudes to wearing and owning animals and birds parts have changed. Is this just because of fashion, or has society become more caring of animals? I wish to stimulate the viewer with the uncomfortable nature of the feather, to question our callousness treatment of animals and birds, and ask how we sub-consciously classify animals – pet or pest, valued or worthless, beautiful or plain and why." 
Emily Valentine






" Feathers are my paint. Over the last twelve years I have developed my own technique and style using feathers. "
http://www.emilyvalentine.com.au/




" I am now enjoying making feathered aeroplanes. With this work I wish to discuss how we as humans now colonise the skies. I continue to make jewellery and other works for the body."  
Emily Valentine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.